Breakfast - Is It the Most Important Meal of the Day?
- Breakfast breaks your overnight fast.
- Breakfast refuels your glycogen (energy) stores.
- Breakfast kick starts the metabolism.
- Breakfast provides us with the energy to keep us going throughout the day.
- Improves your energy levels.
- Improves metabolism.
- Provides many beneficial nutrients, and boosts your fibre and calcium intake (compared to no breakfast).
- Reduces you chance of over-consuming high kilojoule foods later in the day.
- Stabilises your blood sugar levels.
- Improves memory and concentration.
We have a range of muesli and porridge to choose from here and other options that you can make easily include:
- Wholegrain toast with a thin scrape of peanut butter, or avocado and spinach or reduced fat ricotta.
- Porridge with fresh fruit.
- Fresh fruit and yoghurt.
- Wholegrain cereals with reduced fat milk.
- Wholemeal fruit toast with thin scrap of cream cheese.
- Fruit or vegetable smoothies.
- Boiled eggs with wholegrain toast.
- Untoasted muesli.